I decided to start blogging more frequently and am suddenly at a loss for words, or stories. I guess these are the times that we reflect and know how lucky we are to have friends, and loved ones and children that can still make us laugh. They fill our homes with joy and laughter and sometimes yelling, but it's all good and we all are learning from one another each day.
We decorated for Halloween yesterday. I love the colors of Fall, and Halloween is the first holiday in that season, so I always decorate for the event and love to have a party. Inside, we have pumpkins and holiday candy, and yummy spicy smells. However, on the outside, we have plastic wrapping our door, blow up ghosts hanging in the trees, and flashing lights in the bushes. Joe says he can hear a banjo playing as he walks up, but that's the fun stuff, right? The kids love it! So, Happy Fall (and Halloween) to all of you out there who are equally in love with the season.
Well, I'm going to a church event, the Magdalena movie, in a little while. Lots of clothes to wash before I head out the door. And today is pumpkin carving afterwards, so I'd like to come home to something clean, at least. I hope it's well attended. I'm reading the Francine Rivers series, "Mark of the Lion." It's captivating. I can't put it down and know I'm obsessed when for one fleeting moment, I considered taking it with me to church today! hahaha. But, I'm sure the historical elements will be pervasive in the movie, as they are in the book. How interesting that suddenly I'm inundated with "Roman times."
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment